The Dermatology Clinic provides a full range of safe, FDA approved, cosmetic dermatology services including:
BOTOX® Cosmetic (onabotulinumtoxinA) is a prescription medicine that is injected into muscles and used to temporarily improve the look of both moderate to severe crow’s feet lines and frown lines between the eyebrows and moderate to severe crow’s feet lines in adults.
Over time, the muscles above and between the eyebrows repeatedly contract and tighten, causing wrinkles. But, with just 1 injection into each of 5 points between and over the eyebrows, Dysport blocks the signal from the nerve to the muscles, ultimately resulting in a reduction of muscle activity and temporarily preventing contraction of the muscles that cause frown lines.
Botulinum toxin type A – the active ingredient in XEOMIN® – is used in facial aesthetic treatment to treat dynamic lines like glabellar frown lines. It acts on nerve endings in muscles to prevent muscle fibers from contracting. By reducing these contractions, XEOMIN® can temporarily reduce the frown lines on your forehead between your eyes.
Restylane injectable gel is the world’s most studied wrinkle filler with more than a decade of use. Restylane has been used in more than 15 million treatments in more than 65 countries worldwide.* Products in the Restylane family have well-defined safety profiles and are approved for the treatment of moderate to severe facial wrinkles and folds, such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth (nasolabial folds).
Just like Restylane®, Perlane is a clear gel formulation of hyaluronic acid that is specifically formulated to act like your body’s own hyaluronic acid, adding volume and fullness to the skin.
JUVÉDERM® XC is the first and only non-surgical hyaluronic acid (HA) filler FDA-approved to instantly smooth moderate to severe wrinkles around your nose and mouth for up to one year with optimal treatment.
JUVÉDERM® Voluma is the first and only FDA-approved filler to correct age-related volume loss in the midface.1 With optimal treatment, natural-looking results last up to 2 years.
The best solution for erasing lines and folds is to replace lost structure with immediate volume. RADIESSE® Volumizing Filler works immediately so the results are instant. Once injected, RADIESSE Volumizing Filler adds the volume and lift needed to diminish the signs of aging. What makes RADIESSE truly unique is the ability of the product to act as a scaffold under the skin, providing structure and stimulating your own natural collagen to grow.1 The production of natural collagen continues for several months, which extends beyond the initial effect of RADIESSE Volumizing Filler.1 Best of all, the natural results are clinically proven to last a year or more in many patients, which means more value from each treatment and long-lasting results.
BELOTERO BALANCE® injectable gel is a prescription injection that is used to temporarily smooth out and fill in moderate-to-severe nasolabial folds as well as other moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles around your lips and mouth.
Relaxers vs Fillers FAQs
- How do you use relaxers and fillers?Open or CloseWe use Botox®, Dysport® and Xeomin® to treat lines on the upper half of the face; and Restylane®, Juvederm®, Belotero®, Radiesse® and Perlane to treat lines on the lower half of the face.
- What is the difference between them?Open or CloseBotox®, Dysport® and Xeomin® are “relaxers”. We use them to treat wrinkles that are caused by muscle movements that fold lines into the skin. For example, the frown line between your eyebrows, the forehead lines, and the “crow’s feet” around the eyes.
Restylane®, Juvederm®, Belotero®, Radiesse® and Perlane are a “fillers”. We use them to treat wrinkles and folds that are caused by gravity and loss of volume. These “fillers” replaces the lost volume by filling in the wrinkle, plumping it up. This often results in a “lifting effect”.
- Which one lasts longer?Open or CloseFillers last longer. Depending on the filler, they will last from 6-24 months. However, some improvement may persist longer because of increased collagen production induced by the procedure itself.
- Do relaxers prevent wrinkles?Open or CloseRelaxers will soften the creases formed by the muscles around the eyes and in the forehead. With regular treatments, these creases soften even more and can become significantly less apparent.
- Do fillers prevent wrinkles?Open or CloseFillers will lift and fill wrinkles and creases and can be used to plump up “deflated” areas on the face that are caused by an age-related loss of fat under the skin. Fillers do not prevent wrinkles but they soften and improve age-related changes in the face, creating are more youthful appearance.
Nonsurgical Fat Reduction
CoolSculpting’s unique technology uses controlled cooling to freeze and eliminate unwanted fat cells without surgery or downtime. The procedure is FDA-cleared, safe and effective. The results are lasting and undeniable.
LATISSE® is a prescription treatment for hypotrichosis (inadequate or not enough lashes) to grow eyelashes longer, fuller, darker.